The benefits of an energy management system
By setting up an effective energy management system (EnMS), companies and organisations everywhere can manage their energy use in the best possible way. Such a system involves various aspects, including the design and roll-out of an energy policy, defining targets for energy use and establishing action plans to reach these goals. This can also include implementing energy-efficient technologies to help you reduce energy waste, cut energy costs and more. ISO 50001 offers you a framework to do just that.
Get the full scoop on ISO 50001
To help you achieve optimal energy performance through the power of standards, NBN is organising a launch event ‘Enhance your energy performance with ISO 50001’. This event will be held in Diegem on Tuesday 13 November 2018, from 10:30–17:00 hrs (registration fee: EUR 350 excl. VAT, including the final publication of the standard NBN EN ISO 50001:2018 in English).
What’s in it for you?
As a participant, you will:
- learn all about ISO 50001 from specialists such as Marco Matteini, Industrial Development Officer at UNIDO, and Bernard Gindroz, Chairman of CEN-CENELEC Sector Forum 'Energy Management';
- get inspired by best practices from peers like Het Facilitair Bedrijf (the facilities company of the Flemish Government), Port of Antwerp and Lidl, which implemented an energy management system based on ISO 50001;
- share learnings, ideas and experiences with experts and peers.
|10:30-11:00||Welcome coffee and registration|
|11:00-11:05||Opening and introduction||Chairman|
|11:00-11:30||The added value of management standards||Ellen Bartholomeeusen – Communication & Marketing Manager, NBN|
|11:30-12:00||ISO 50001 – Win the Energy Challenge with the new ISO 50001||Marco Matteini – Industrial Development Officer, Energy and Climate Change Branch, UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organization) & ISO/TC 301 Energy management and energy savings|
|12:00-12:30||How ISO 50001 can make energy management standard practice in a global context to meet European legislation||Bernard Gindroz – Chairman CEN-CENELEC Sector Forum 'Energy Management' & Chairman ISO/TC 268 Sustainable cities and communities|
|13:30-14:15||Contours and elements of the new ISO 50001:2018 in a PDCA approach||Marco Matteini – Industrial Development Officer, Energy and Climate Change Branch, UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organization) & ISO/TC 301 Energy management and energy savings|
|14:15-14:45||Think globally and act locally with the implementation of an accredited certification for ISO 50001||Joep Ottenheim – Senior assessor/ trainer/ verifier, LRQA|
Customer testimonials/business case
|Tine Moens – Engineer, Het Facilitair bedrijf, Flemish Government|
|15:40-16:05||Customer testimonial/business case
“The development of a transparent energy management policy using ISO 50001 to leverage sustainability in Port of Antwerp”
|Eddy Van Hove - Energy Manager, Port of Antwerp|
Customer testimonial/business case
|Donald De Pourcq – Senior Consultant Energy Management, LIDL Belgium & Luxembourg|
|16:30-17:00||Panel discussion||Joep Ottenheim (LRQA), Catherine Huyghelier (BQA), Daniella Segers (Vinçotte).|
- When? Tuesday 13 November 2018, 10:30 – 17:00 (followed by a networking drink).
- Where? Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, Holidaystraat 7, 1831 Diegem.
- Price? EUR 350 (excl. VAT) per participant (including the final publication of the standard NBN EN ISO 50001:2018 in English).
- Cancelation? In case of a cancellation before 5 November 2018, 10% of the invoiced amount will be due, with a minimum of 50 euros. In case of a cancellation on 5 November 2018 or later, the total amount of the registration will be due.
Contact Maureen Gillet via email@example.com or call +32 2 738 01 02.