NBN Training exclusively for experts (committee members)*
Master the standardisation procedures and the art of writing a good standard from A to Z.
3 annual sessions: March, June and October.
*Click here to become an expert
Why take part?
Objective of this training:
- Get a deep understanding about standards and the standardisation context in Belgium
- Discover more about the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) & the European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- Learn about the development of international, European and national standards
- Understand the role of harmonized standards
- Learn the tips & tricks on how to write a good standard
Programme day 1: Standardisation in Belgium
Introduction to standardisation in Belgium
- What are standards?
- Standardisation in Belgium
- Why participate?
- Standards and Legislation
- Belgian committee rules & principles
- Developments of International, European and National standards
- International, European and National working rules
Online platforms and voting tools
Note: please bring your laptop with you to participate interactively
Drafting rules for standards users
- Intellectual Property & Copyright
- Structure & key elements of a standard
Programme day 2: Drafting Rules
- What does a standard contain?
- What are the basic principles for drafting a standard?
- What are the CEN and ISO drafting rules?
- What are the specific NBN drafting rules?
- How to use templates?
Programme day 3: Soft Skills
Helping experts to communicate more efficiently and convincingly within the international world of standardisation.
Why participate ?
As an expert, it is crucial for you to be able to clearly explain your point of view during committee meetings. Convincing other experts about your perspective is also very important. By participating in this course, you increase your added value as an expert.
During the training course, we will cover the following topics :
- How to clearly present your perspective
- How to convince others during committee meetings
- How to counter the resistance of others
- The practical application of skills on the basis of several cases
Seats are limited. Participation to the training is free of charge for experts.
In the event of cancellation less than 48 working hours before the training session, we will invoice 75 euros (excl. 21% VAT) to cover incurred costs.
- Will I be charged for participating to the training session(s)?
Participation is free of charge for experts. In the event of cancellation less than 48 working hours before the training session, we will invoice 75 euros (excl. 21 % VAT) to cover incurred costs. If you don’t want to register as expert directly you can participate to the training for € 350 VAT excl.
Click here to become an expert.
- Will the training session(s) be repeated?
Yes, the same training session(s) will be organized 3 times this year and also in 2020. If you want to be informed, let us know via e-mail.
- Is the number of seats limited?
Yes, due to the limited number of seats available, registrations will be accepted on a 'first-come, first-served' basis.
- Will lunch be provided?
A sandwich lunch will be served during lunch breaks. Coffee breaks are also provided.
- Where will the trainings take place?
The trainings will take place at the NBN office, rue Joseph II 40, 1000 Brussels.
- In what language will the trainings be conducted?
Slides will be in English. The presentations are given in French or Dutch, depending on the date and language you have chosen. The second day “Drafting Rules” and the third day “Soft Skills” are given in English.
- Will I receive the presentations?
Yes, after the training you will receive an e-mail with the presentations.
Contact us if you have additional questions.